January 28, 2012

Pinterest Project

Hello, my name is Jessie, and I'm a Pinterest-aholic.

I can waste hours on there looking at amazing craft projects I'll probably never do, but now know how to do just in case.  

This pin in particular inspired me.  It's a pin for updating a piece of furniture with wallpaper and paint. 


Since the Hubby and I are planning on putting our house on the market this spring, we had to keep the nursery pretty neutral colored, which is not at all fun when you are working on decorating a baby's room.

So, inspired by Pinterest, I decided not to buy new a dresser for the nursery.  Instead, I got this bad boy off of Craigslist.


I had the Hubby sand it down, and now I've painted it white.  The next step was to find some kick ass wall paper to bedazzle the drawers.  I wanted something fun, bright, and kid friendly.  Now, I have no experience what-so-ever with wallpaper.  So, I started off at this little gym of a store which is about a block away from my work.


Yes, that is Dizcount with a "Z", and should have been my first sign of what was to come.  This is where I'm pretty sure Pinterest almost got me murdered.  This place was indeed as shady as it appears on the outside.  Upon entering, I was greeted by a woman in a moth eaten fur coat, and about 7 cats.  Moth lady warned me that they did not currently have heat, but that I was free to look around.  After telling her what I was looking for, she led me to the back warehouse area, and started making suggestions.  Very, very unhelpful suggestions.  The entire store smelled of mold and stale cigarettes, and what's worse, there were random dolls and building materials stacked up.  Scary dolls.


Moth lady had no perception of personal space, which more than once caused me to turn around and her to be 3 inches from my face.  It was a creepy sensation to feel her breath on my face since there was no heat in the building.  After about 10 minutes, I hauled ass outta there.

I should probably go and check out Home Depot tomorrow, but now I'm thinking I might scrap the whole wallpaper idea and use some old school Mod Podge action.  We'll see how wallpapered out I am tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh out loud because I have totally been there...

    ReplyDelete