January 17, 2012

Reminder of My Selfishness

I hate to always post stuff about the pregnancy, because there are other things going on in my life.  I guess nothing else really stresses me out right now in comparison.  I hope to avoid becoming one of "those moms."  You know, the friends who have their babies and then that's all they ever talk about.  They change their Facebook page to become completely about their child, and even change their voicemail to answer as "So-in-so's Mommy."  No thanks.

However, that being said, I'm still going to post about being pregnant, but at least it is on my completely selfish tendencies, and not the current condition of uterus.  

You see, my dad has had a scheduled mission trip to Africa planned for the past two years.  He's going with a group of other medical people and are going to provide medical care to the villages, while at the same time spreading the gospel.  Problem is, he is supposed to leave 3 days before my due date and not get back until two weeks after my due date.  So what if he didn't know I was going to be pregnant when he first worked on setting every thing up.  Hell, I didn't know I was going to be pregnant when he first started talking about it.  I still kind of want him to cancel to be here for the birth of his first grandchild.  But, he can't cancel because he was one of the main organizers.  Sigh.   But I still whine about it.

Yes, I realize how selfish and egotistical it is to believe that the birth of my first born is more important than the good he would do on the mission trip.  No, that doesn't make me feel any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment