January 29, 2012

Random Act of Kindness - Week 4

Kindness is a trait, not a forced act, right?  At least that's what I always thought.  One month into my 2012 New Year's Resolution, and I can say that making the cognitive effort to be kind to some one is starting to come a little easier.  I know that sounds weird.

This week, my random act involved a little trip to the DQ.  Yes, I am one of those weird patrons who loves Dairy Queen even in January.  It was simple enough, after ordering and pulling to the window to get my delicious treat, I told the cashier that I wanted to pay for the car in line behind me.  (Luckily there was no repeat of my first attempt at McDonald's, as darkness masked my ability to be the Judgy McJudgerson I usually am.)  While the cashier was slightly confused, my weekly act was completed with minimal effort on my behalf.

What was funny, was the conversation I had with the Hubby, who was in the passenger seat while waiting to get my debit card back.

Hubby - "So, if there's more than one person in the car does it count as more than one week's worth of random acts of kindness?"
Me - "Uh...I don't think so."
Hubby - "What if they order 12 DQ cakes?"
Me - "Then our fat ass tax return will do some good at some one's party.  Plus, who picks up DQ cakes at 8 pm?"

After the clerk ran the other car's ticket, she handed me the receipt and card, which I passed on to the Hubby so I could drive.  He immediately screams, "SCORE!  It was only $3!!!"

So, yes, even $3 worth of free ice cream can brighten some one's day.  Plus, I now realize that the Hubby has no price recognition for the Pedicure I gave away last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment