January 10, 2012

Random Act of Kindness - Week 1

So, Week 1 of my year long kindness quest was kind of a failure.  My random act of kindness ended up being just moving some of the carts at Target to the cart area.  Hey, it counts.

But, I was kind in other ways, just not random.  Make sense?

For instance, we bought dinner for the Hubby's parents, sister and bro-in-law.  Kind?  Yes.  Random?  No. Although, Hubby argued it was random because they didn't expect it.

So, to be a Random Act of Kindness, does it have to be randomly done, or to a random person?

I also wrote a nice evaluation for a birthing class we took, even though the class was only so-so.  Kind?  Yes.  Random?  Well, it was anonymous, so that may count.  (More to come later on the birthing class.)

Another point of contention, my sarcastic brothers argued that none of this is really random at all, because I'm pre-planning my random acts of kindness.  Can you plan random?

1 comment:

  1. There are chances for really random acts. Like the other day the guy in front of me on the bus, his pass wouldnt work so i payed for his bus ride so he didnt have to get off. but i dont think the important part is the random part i think that its the kindness part

    ReplyDelete